The Greater Pittsburgh Automobile Dealers Foundation (GPADF) offers scholarships to individuals interested in becoming automotive technicians and pursuing their careers in new car franchised dealerships who are members of the Greater Pittsburgh Automobile Dealers Association. Click here for a list of GPADA Dealerships.
The GPADF Scholarship Program is a dollar match partnership with a member dealership who is willing to support the student financially up to $5,500 for a maximum scholarship of $11,000 based on the following criteria:
- The GPADF will award automotive technology scholarships to qualified full-time students up to $5,500 each.
- Participating GPADA/F dealers will make a tax deductible, matching contribution to the GPADF Scholarship Fund for up to $5,500 for each student participating in the program and working in their dealership(s) for a total scholarship of up to $11,000 per student.
- Students must establish a “Work-Study” position with a GPADA Member Dealership in order to qualify for a GPADF Scholarship. Work-Study is an arrangement or agreement between a GPADA Member Dealership and the individual that plans to attend a post-secondary automotive training program and concurrently work part-time at the dealership. The work schedule will be determined by the dealership, based on the post-secondary class schedule. Scholarship applications will not be processed until the work-study agreement is verified.
- Dealers will be selected by the students based on their preferred location, brand, dealership or other criteria. For students who have no preference, the scholarship opportunity will be made available to all GPADA dealers in the student’s region and the list of interested dealers will be provided to the students for their selection. The GPADA/F shall play no role in selecting participating dealerships.
- Scholarships will be awarded based upon the following criteria, provided by the students’ schools:
- Technician Skills (i.e., hand skills, etc.)
- Financial Need
*All of the above criteria being equal, preference will be given to students with the most financial need.
- Any other scholarships or financial aid available to the students shall be applied to the students’ tuition, books, etc. before the GPADF scholarship funds are applied.
- In the event a student does not complete his/her education, any tuition refunds from the school shall be reimbursed half to the GPADF and half to the participating dealer. Any overpayment of tuition by the dealer to the GPADF shall also be refunded.